MyODP News Online
Vaccine Facts: A Resource for Supporters
Health Risk Screening has released a one-sheet resource that easily outlines information about the COVID-19 vaccine for people with disabilities. The sheet is designed as a tool for supporters and caregivers to use to explain the COVID-19 vaccine administration to individuals with disabilities, however, the sheet, which is designed as an FAQ document, can help answer questions for anyone. Some questions answered include:
- Should someone who’s had COVID-19 take the vaccine?
- Can someone get COVID-19 from taking the vaccine?
- Does the vaccine change a person’s DNA?
- Can a person stop wearing PPE or a mask after they are vaccinated?
- Do we still have to socially distance after being vaccinated?
The document also breaks down the purpose of vaccines, and the possible side effects of the current COVID-19 vaccines. View and download the document here.