MyODP News Online
Supports Broker Certification Training Offered
The Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) has contracted with the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University to provide a Supports Broker Certification training class. The training will be offered virtually on January 27 and 28, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The training provides prospective Supports Brokers with information they need to understand Participant-Directed Services (PDS) and the role the Support Broker plays in helping people be successful in directing their own services.
Guided by principles of self-determination, training participants will gain knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Enhance natural supports
- Facilitate person-centered planning
- Support participants with employer related responsibilities
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and rules
To participate in the training, the following requirements must be adhered to:
- Participants must live in Pennsylvania or a contiguous state
- Must intend to provide the supports broker service in Pennsylvania
- Must complete the prerequisite online training modules available on www.myodp.org prior to taking the class
After completion of the virtual classroom training, participants will be granted access to the final test found on your session page. A score of 80% or better must be achieved in order to receive an ODP Supports Broker Certification.
- Have a computer or tablet and internet connection to participate. Users connecting via cell phone or landline only will not be admitted.
- Attend and participate in all virtual sessions in their entirety in order to gain access to the final exam. Material will be provided over 2 full days; attendance on BOTH days is required. Set times for breaks and lunch are built into the schedule.
- Familiarize themselves with Zoom prior to the first day of class
- Block out time to attend class just as you would if class were being held in person
- Plan to be in a quiet location
You will receive a password protected Zoom Link after you register and a few days prior to class When you register, you are agreeing that you will NOT share this link or password with anyone else.
More on Supports Broker Certification Training on the Institute's website:
If you have any questions regarding the online modules or classroom certification registration, please contact Denise Becket, firstname.lastname@example.org.