MyODP News Online
Governor Wolf releases “Trauma-Informed PA” plan
As a companion to Governor Tom Wolf’s multi-agency effort and anti-stigma initiative, Reach Out PA: Your Mental Health Matters, the Office of Advocacy and Reform (OAR) is releasing the “Trauma-Informed PA” plan to guide the Commonwealth and service providers statewide on what it means to be trauma-informed and healing-centered in PA.
The plan is an important step in recognizing the role untreated trauma has in adverse outcomes for Pennsylvanians and proposes 43 recommendations in six key areas aimed at ending the cycle of trauma.
The plan focuses on six key areas:
- Ensuring that PA state culture is trauma-informed through universal training
- Ensuring all state agencies’ policies and practices are trauma-informed and more focused on prevention and healing
- Mandating that all licensed and funded entities become trauma-informed
- Building and supporting grass roots / community-based efforts to become trauma-informed in every part of the commonwealth
- Recognizing and healing from the traumas of major crises like COVID-19
- Preventing and healing racial, communal and historical traumas, whether they be individual or systematic
Take a moment to review this plan as it guides us in understanding and responding to the needs of people from trauma-informed lens.
Please send any suggestions or questions related to this email or requests for additional resources to RAemail@example.com