MyODP News Online
New Years Eve Activities
The CDC recommends ringing in the new year with only people in your household. See the recommendations issued for a safe new year celebration below:
The safest way to celebrate the new year is to celebrate at home with the people who live with you or virtually with friends and family. If you’re celebrating New Year’s with people outside your household, make sure you take steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) apart.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Get a flu shot as soon as possible.
Consider other activities to celebrate New Year’s, such as:
- Have virtual celebrations with loved ones.
- Plan a New Year’s party for the people who live with you.
- Plan a neighborhood countdown to midnight.
- Watch a live-streamed firework display, concert, First Night event, or other New Year’s programming from your home.
ODP wishes everyone a happy, safe, and healthy new year! For more New Year's activity recommendations, as well as travel recommendations, visit the CDC's newly updated New Year's Eve guidance page.