(a) The following shall complete 24 hours of training related to job skills and knowledge each year:
(1) Direct service professionals and life sharers who provide an HCBS or base-funding service to the individual.
(2) Direct supervisors of direct service professionals.
(b) The following shall complete 12 hours of training each year:
(1) Management, program, administrative, fiscal, dietary, housekeeping, maintenance and ancillary staff persons, except for persons who provide dietary, housekeeping, maintenance or ancillary services and who are employed or contracted by the building owner and the licensed facility does not own the building.
(2) Consultants and contractors who are paid or contracted by the provider and who work alone with individuals, except for consultants and contractors who provide an HCBS or base-funding service for fewer than 30 days within a 12-month period and who are licensed, certified or registered by the Department of State in a health care or social service field.
(3) Volunteers who work alone with individuals.
(4) Paid and unpaid interns who work alone with individuals.
(c) The annual training hours specified in subsections (a) and (b) must encompass the following areas:
(1) The application of person-centered practices, community integration, individual choice and assisting individuals to develop and maintain relationships.
(2) The prevention, detection and reporting of abuse, suspected abuse and alleged abuse in accordance with the Older Adults Protective Services Act (35 P.S. §§ 10225.101—10225.5102), the Child Protective Services Law (23 Pa.C.S. §§ 6301—6386), the Adult Protective Services Act (35 P.S. §§ 10210.101—10210.704) and applicable protective services regulations.
(3) Individual rights.
(4) Recognizing and reporting incidents.
(5) The safe and appropriate use of behavior supports if the person works directly with an individual.
(6) Implementation of the individual plan if the person provides an HCBS or base-funding service.