§ 6100.142. Orientation.
(a) Prior to working alone with individuals, and within 30 days after hire or starting to provide a service to an individual, the following shall complete the orientation as described in subsection (b):
(1) Management, program, administrative and fiscal staff persons.
(2) Dietary, housekeeping, maintenance and ancillary staff persons, except for persons who provide dietary, housekeeping, maintenance or ancillary services and who are employed or contracted by the building owner and the licensed facility does not own the building.
(3) Direct service professionals, including full-time and part-time staff persons.
(4) Life sharers.
(5) Volunteers who will work alone with individuals.
(6) Paid and unpaid interns who will work alone with individuals.
(7) Consultants and contractors who are paid or contracted by the provider and who will work alone with individuals, except for consultants and contractors who provide an HCBS or a basefunding service for fewer than 30 days within a 12-month period and who are licensed, certified or registered by the Department of State in a health care or social service field.
(b) The orientation must encompass the following areas:
(1) The application of person-centered practices, community integration, individual choice and assisting individuals to develop and maintain relationships.
(2) The prevention, detection and reporting of abuse, suspected abuse and alleged abuse in accordance with the Older Adults Protective Services Act (35 P.S. §§ 10225.101—10225.5102), the Child Protective Services Law (23 Pa.C.S. §§ 6301—6386), the Adult Protective Services Act (35 P.S. §§ 10210.101—10210.704) and applicable protective services regulations.
(3) Individual rights.
(4) Recognizing and reporting incidents.
(5) Job-related knowledge and skills.